I will be doing a shake down run in western Colorado and eastern Utah. Looks like fellow TDR racer Andrew Schuhmann will be joining me. This is basically the same shake down I did for 2010, worked well then, hopefully it will all pan out for 2014
If anyone is interested you can follow my SPOT on my share page here:
I knocked out a quick & dirty GPS track, about 280 miles total.
Resupply is as follows:
- Modern Convenience store right at point of departure
- Fruita at 9 miles (food & water)
- Westwater at 46 miles (water and bathrooms)
- Moab at 110 miles (food & water etc)
- La Sal at 144 miles (small general store next to La Sal Post office)
- Bedrock Store at 170 miles (small general store—might be closed as it was for sale at one time)
- Gateway Resort at 217miles (full resort, store, small restaurant etc)
- Super C Store at 272 mile (I think this is the 1st store we would hit on the outskirts of GJ)
yup, it's all getting close now .............